Finn dies from suspected allergic reaction in Spain

Police and paramedics attended the scene but were unable to save the man.

0
608
Map of Gran Canaria showing the city of Las Palmas where the death happened / Credit: Google Earth

A Finnish man has died after apparently suffering an allergic reaction to seafood, in Spain.

According to local media reports in Gran Canaria, the 40-year old had an anaphylactic shock after eating fish in a Chinese restaurant in Las Palmas, in the north of the island.

When the man became ill, several ambulances were called to the restaurant to give immediate medical assistance, but paramedics were unable to revive him and he was pronounced dead at the scene.

The incident happened late Monday night in the holiday resort, which is a popular destination for Finns especially during the winter months.

Local authorities say they will carry out an autopsy to confirm the cause of death.