This week Helsinki comes alive with Pride Week, the largest celebration of LGBTQI+ culture and rights in Finland.
There’s more than 100 events taking place in the capital this week from parties to exhibitions; discussion panels to a grand parade and special events for young people as well.
Here’s six stories you might have missed about LGBTQI+ issues in Finland: from trans rights to celebrating pride and the art of drag.
- Pride and prejudice in Finland
2. Drag me to HEL
3. Life in limbo: how Finland is failing on gender identity rights
4. Finland’s transgender troops
5. American embassy sidesteps Trump Pride flag ban
6. Palace stunt shines a light on human rights abuses