The National Bureau of Investigations says it’s already questioned the only suspect in Tuesday’s sword attack at Savo Vocational College in Kuopio that left one woman dead and ten people injured.
The 25-year old suspect, who police have not officially identified, has been named locally as Joel Otto Aukusti Marin. He was shot and injured by police officers and detained at the college inside the Herman Shopping Centre just after 12:30 on Tuesday afternoon.
He has been treated in hospital since then.
“The suspect told us about Tuesday’s events, but for investigative reasons we don’t disclose those details here” says NBI Detective Chief Inspector Olli Töyräs who is leading the investigation.
“The suspect will be questioned again several times” he adds.
Police are not yet confirming the nationality of the woman who was killed in the classroom on Tuesday, saying their own processes for confirming her citizenship are still ongoing.
On Friday the preliminary case will be heard at North Savo District Court where charges are expected to be filed.
“The preliminary investigation will continue for the rest of the week with many interrogations and discussions, technical investigations and a review of the tips and material we have already received” explains Töyräs.
Police are still asking for an information, photos or video of Tuesday’s events to get in touch with the National Bureau of Investigation on their WhatsApp number 050 306 8875.